I used two skeins of Araucania Liwen held together and am very pleased with the effect. It is wool and superfine alpaca, with each skein's dye being slightly unique. I initially thought this would be more of a cream color, but the pinkish, grey tones have grown on me. I have never had anything like this before.
And there is nothing like knitting a whole sweater in one day.
The look of the thick and thin is refreshingly laid back to me. I used almost all of the yarn this time, too.
So, again, my only modification was to knit the front and back straps for the right side as one piece with the front of the body and the strap for the left side, in the same way, in one piece with the back of the body. I joined the straps to their respective back or front side with Kitcheners Stitch, thus avoiding a few joins and saving a little bit of yarn. I really wish I had a little more yarn to lengthen it just a bit, so it could blouse just a little bit above the ribbed edge. But I still haven't blocked it, so I think it will lengthen a little, or I can unknit the bottom and lengthen with my remaining yarn by a row or two.
I really lack a good place to photograph the things I make. These were taken in the pauses between my son and his friends running past me, yelling, with bebe guns.